Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Let's Hear It For Teachers!



Teacher Appreciation week is coming up
May 5-9.

Who is your most special teacher?

What makes them special?

I remember almost every teacher I had.  

I loved my teachers.

As long as I can remember I wanted to be a teacher

because of what they did for me,
 how they made me feel, 
how they instilled a love of learning in me...



I am a teacher.


And it is one of my life's greatest blessings.

I teach Kindergarten.

Yes, they're cute.

But that has little to do with why I do it.

I love to watch the little light bulbs go on.

When they "get" it.

Especially when they learn to read and they have that *first* realization
that they just READ something.
Gives me goosebumps every time.


So I get lots of artwork made especially for me.

And lots of freshly-picked dandelions.

And of course, the oddly-shaped rock here and there.

And tons of hugs.

Oh, and they are just the best audience--
they laugh at every silly joke.  
Totally boosts my ego.

So being a teacher really gives me an even deeper appreciation, I think,
for those who teach my children.

For I know my own kids are not perfect.

I know.
Gasp!

And I know how exhausted those teachers feel at the end of the day.

And yet they still go home
and look things up
to share with my kids
because they asked a certain question that day.

And buy caterpillars
so my kids can watch them
change into butterflies.

And lug in their breadmakers
and bread mix
and jam
so the kids can make bread
like the Little Red Hen.

And search the Dollar Spot
at Target
to fill up the treasure box.

And every morning
open the door
with a smile
and a bright "Good Morning!"
while accepting the gifts of drawings
and dandelions
and rocks
as if they were the first
she ever received.

SO

If you would like to give your child's teacher 
a gift
of Appreciation
I have just the thing!

I'd LOVE to help you with this one!  

And I will give you free shipping 
in the U.S. with any order
you send to my email through May 5, 2014.  :)
Just use the subject line "Let's Hear It For Teachers!"
send to: my1charmedlife@gmail.com

Here are a few ideas, but you can create whatever you like:








It's the least I can do.

Because I appreciate YOU!!!

Have a Charming Day!








No comments:

Post a Comment